[Python-ideas] A namedtuple literal.

Cem Karan cfkaran2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 12:22:37 CEST 2014

On Apr 3, 2014, at 12:49 AM, Andrew Barnert <abarnert at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2014, at 19:05, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
>
>> On 03/04/14 10:59, Andrew Barnert wrote:
>>> [2] In theory these are legal values for an IntRGB16Color, but really, how
>>> often do you need literals that are indistinguishable from black but not
>>> actually black?
>>
>> This wouldn't meet the exacting needs of the Assassins' Guild of
>> Ankh-Morporkh, who are very fashion-conscious and make quite fine
>> distinctions between the shades of black they wear.
>
> Python 3.x doesn't support Druidic Business Megalithics or any other Big Stone anymore, and with no OutOfCheese error in the stdlib the port to Hex is stalled indefinitely, so you can't seriously be suggesting that this use case matters.

I don't see why that would be a serious problem.  The standard library still has separate support for both Windows and Unix, so all we need to do is add in another package with support for Hex, and put the OutOfCheese, WantMyFluffyTeddyBear and other errors in there.  If you're not running on Hex or other Big Stone, then the package isn't available and you get an ImportError.  Problem solved!

Thanks,
Cem Karan