[Python-ideas] Default value for input

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:52:45 CEST 2014

On 2 April 2014 02:45, Ron Adam <ron3200 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If we could read the keyboard directly with a get_key_press function,  then
> your request along with making curses cross platform, may be fairly easy to
> do.

If the aim is cross-platform rich(er) console applications, wouldn't
supporting curses on all environments be the easiest answer? AFAIK,
there are curses ports for Windows, and it's native to all other
platforms Python supports - so just shipping something like pdcurses
in the Windows installer would do the trick. Or am I missing some
fundamental reason why curses doesn't cover what's needed (and more)?

Paul