[Python-ideas] python on mobile

Russell Keith-Magee russell at keith-magee.com
Tue Dec 30 06:50:23 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 Dec 2014 16:05, "Russell Keith-Magee" <russell at keith-magee.com>
> wrote:
> > Now - I'm not claiming that these are anywhere near production ready -
> they're proof of concept at best. However, I completely agree with your
> original premise that Python needs a story on mobile platforms, and I'm
> interested in working on that story. If you go back and read the
> Python-ideas thread from a few months ago, it looks like there was broad
> support for the idea, but it would all hinge on the specifics.
>
> Something that doesn't hinge on the specifics: perhaps it would make sense
> to set up a "mobile-sig at python.org" mailing list?
>
> It would presumably be Mailman 2 to start off with, but would then migrate
> to Mailman 3 & HyperKitty along with the rest of the python.org lists
> (hopefully some time in 2015, although we don't have a concrete plan for
> that as yet).

Sure - if it's not too much effort to establish.

I'm not sure exactly what would be discussed there, especially in the short
term when the big ticket item is getting the patches into the main Python
tree. However, mobile is a significant platform these days, and it can't
hurt to have a place where the various players can co-ordinate and
collaborate where possible.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)