[Python-ideas] Adding `pathlib.Path` method that would send file to recycle bin

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Tue Dec 30 21:33:44 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014, at 18:46, Andrew Barnert wrote:
> I believe all of those issues could just raise the normal exception,
> because Finder treats them as normal errors--that is, rather than giving
> you the special "can't trash; delete?" message, it tries, fails, asks you
> to authenticate as an administrator, and tries again.

That doesn't make sense - the problem is with the state of the trash
directory (it may be in a state that you can access, but the "wrong"
one, e.g. one that would allow other people to delete your files - I
don't know if this is a problem for OSX but it is for XDG), not your
access to the file being deleted.