[Python-ideas] str.rreplace

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Feb 4 15:54:06 CET 2014

Neil Girdhar writes:

 > I agree with everything you're saying.  Another reason to prefer
 > keyword arguments is that they simplify the interface and make it
 > easier to learn.

No, they simplify the *default* interface and make *that* easier to
learn.  Who could be against that?

The issue is "what about the case where there's no TOOWTDI default?"
Where TOOWTDI is somewhere around "more than 80% of the time for more
than 80% of the users when they want a specific value for the
parameter every time on this code path" (vs. choosing that value at
runtime).