[Python-ideas] Make it optional

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:48:39 CET 2014

On 11 February 2014 07:20, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
>> "Make it optional" is a very good principle for those cases
>> when you can not predict how users are going to use your
>> feature and if they need it at all.
>
> I have no idea what you are talking about.  Care to give some context?

Anatoly has just raised a series of issues against pip, all
essentially reiterating the same point that he doesn't like pip's new
handling of prerelease vs release versions (which was thrashed out and
agreed in a PEP)  I assume he's trying to get support for some vague
meta-point here in the hope that by doing so he'll feel justified in
arguing further on the pip issues :-(

Paul