[Python-ideas] PEP-257: drop recommendation for extra line at end of multi-line docstring

Ziad Sawalha ziad.sawalha at rackspace.com
Fri Feb 28 02:48:25 CET 2014

On Feb 27, 2014, at 4:42 PM, "Bruce Leban" <bruce at leapyear.org<mailto:bruce at leapyear.org>> wrote:

To clarify are you asking to delete the recommendation of a blank line or the entire recommendation?

That is are you suggesting the recommendation change to

“It is recommended to place the closing quotes on a line by themselves."

That's right. I just want to get rid of the recommendation for the blank line.

I think deleting it completely is a bad idea as otherwise it's hard to see where the docstring ends and the code begins, especially when using doctest.

--- Bruce
Learn how hackers think: http://j.mp/gruyere-security
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceleban