[Python-ideas] [OT] banning Mark Janssen

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Jan 8 03:20:18 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 04:56:37PM -0800, Ethan Furman wrote:
> Moderators,
>
> Mark Janssen's posts are becoming extremely abusive, which seems to me to
> be against he code of conduct.
>
> Can we ban him, at least from the mailing lists?

I think he should be given one formal warning, but won't object if the
moderators decide to just kick his arse out of here. It isn't as if he
contributes anything useful to the discussion.

For the record, I have no objection to swearing or profanity (we're all
adults here, or at least we're supposed to act like them), but there is
a difference between "rude words" and abuse, and Mark crosses the line
into abuse.

(I would also like to preemptively state that I object in the strongest
possible terms to a blanket "no swearing" policy, just in case anyone is
thinking of introducing such a thing.)

--
Steven