[Python-ideas] Iterative development

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jan 29 10:47:26 CET 2014

On 1/29/2014 2:44 AM, anatoly techtonik wrote:

> The idea is to split development of Python into two weeks cycle. Every
> two weeks is "iteration". Iteration consists of phases:
>
> 1. Planning (one, two days)
> 2. Execution
> 3. Testing
> 4. Demo
> 5. Retrospective

This is more or less what we do now on an issue by issue basis. At a
higher level, releases for the 'next' version already come out at 2 or 3
week intervals from a0 to final. At a higher level, we already have
plans for 3.5 that we will start on as soon as 3.4.0 is out or after PyCon.

--
Terry Jan Reedy