[Python-ideas] Update the required C compiler for Windows to a supported version.

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Sat Mar 1 16:54:26 CET 2014

Not at my desk, so I can only get you started (didn't want to keep you waiting until Monday). It'll look something like this:

IF %1 eq x86 CALL bin\vcvars32.bat %*
IF %1 eq amd64 CALL bin\vcvars64.bat %*
(similar for x86_amd64)

The file should go at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat

If you want to redistribute something that will work for others, it's possible to monkey patch distutils from your setup.py. I can't remember the specifics right now, so I can't help with that until I'm back at work. I think that's the best long term solution for 2.7 packages that want to build on Windows.

Cheers,
Steve

Top-posted from my Windows Phone