[Python-ideas] Python Numbers as Human Concept Decimal System

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Mar 6 06:56:02 CET 2014

Do you actually have a degree in math, or do you just remember your high
school algebra? The numbers in math usually are quite strictly typed: whole
theories only apply to integers or even positive integers, other things to
all reals but not to complex numbers. (And what about quaternions? Or
various infinities? :-)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)