[Python-ideas] Please reconsider the Boolean evaluation of midnight

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 18:01:56 CET 2014

[TIm]

[Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io>]
> I don't think a reasonable user would predict that midnight UTC in a timezone
> with a UTC offset of +5 would be false, while midnight UTC in a timezone with
> a UTC offset of -5 would not be false.

As I said, I didn't claim a reasonable user would feel good about it,
and all you're saying here is that they wouldn't feel good about it.
I'm not arguing that they should feel good about it.

I said that the docs explained the computation clearly enough that a
reasonable user - who read the docs and earnestly tried to apply them
- _could_ predict the results.  And you just showed that you, for
example, can predict them.  Since you're the very definition of
"reasonable", I close my case for that ;-)