[Python-ideas] Add "goto fail" to Python?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Mar 6 23:45:47 CET 2014

On Mar 06, 2014, at 10:36 PM, Georg Brandl wrote:

>Aaand... we also don't have a policy to always use braces...

Yeah, I've been having an interesting conversation on FB about this very thing
(spurred by a code sample of the now-infamous Apple goto fail fail :).

I personally wouldn't be opposed to changing PEP 7 to require it.  But I
remember us at least *discussing* it at the time and explicitly deciding
against requiring those braces.

-Barry

(OTOH, I had to physically torture Emacs to write the Apple goto fail example,
so I guess the answer is to just use a decent text editor.  M-x wink RET).