[Python-ideas] Please reconsider the Boolean evaluation of midnight

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 02:51:04 CET 2014

On 07/03/2014 01:25, Donald Stufft wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2014, at 8:19 PM, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No, it's bizarre to attach a timezone to a time object because most
>> tzinfo subclasses don't - and can't - know what to return for the UTC
>> offset in the absence of - at least - month and day info too.
>
> It’s completely reasonable to attach a timezone to a time object.
>
> If I schedule an event in a calendar for Mar 7th, at 12pm Eastern, then
> absolutely that should be represented as a date time. But what if I want
> to schedule an event that occurs every day at 11:30AM EST? There’s
> no date associated with it (except an infinite set, or the span of my life
> I suppose!) it’s just 11:30AM EST.

> Donald Stufft

Hum, thinking out loud as I don't know the answer.  Assume that for your
sins in a past life at 11:30AM EST every day you have to talk to me. How
do I set my calendar up to have an infinite set of dates, I've never
known an application let me do this?  How do we sync our calendars so
that your EST or (I guess) EDT ties in with my GMT or BST?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---