[Python-ideas] Suggestion for standardized annotations

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 9 01:05:53 CET 2014

Cem Karan wrote:
> There are a number of reasons I'm suggesting UUIDs instead of simple strings:

I'm not talking about strings, I'm talking about
objects created and exported by the module defining
the annotations, and compared by identity.

The Python module namespace then ensures they have
unique names within any given program. That's all
you need, because there's no requirement to persist
them from one program execution to another.

--
Greg