[Python-ideas] Fixing the Python 3 bytes constructor

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 28 18:02:23 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 09:21:15AM -0600, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> On 2014-03-28, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 08:27:33PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> > +1 on bytearray.allnull, with a mild preference for spelling it "zeroes"
> > instead.
>
> I think numpy uses 'zeros' so we should use that.

We would we want to duplicate their spelling error? *wink*

I think I'd rather Nick's original suggestion allnull than "zeros".
"Zeros" sounds like it ought to be the name of a Greek singer :-)

I'm aware that zeros/zeroes are both considered acceptable variant
spellings. Not acceptable to me *wink*

--
Steven