[Python-ideas] Allow using symbols from Unicode block "Superscripts and Subscripts" in identifiers

Roman Inflianskas infroma at gmail.com
Fri May 2 21:34:12 CEST 2014

It's really useful that python 3 allows me to use some Unicode symbols (as specified in https://docs.python.org/3.4/reference/lexical_analysis.html#identifiers[1]), especially Greek symbols for mathematical programs. But when I write mathematical program with lots of indices I would like to use symbols from block "Superscripts and Subscripts" (as id_continue), for example:

⁴₂₍₎

I don't see any problems with allowing yet another subset of Unicode symbols. In Julia, for example, I can use them without problems.

--
Regards, Roman Inflianskas

--------
[1] https://docs.python.org/3.4/reference/lexical_analysis.html#identifiers