[Python-ideas] issubclass(collections.OrderedDict, collections.Sequence)

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Tue Oct 7 22:28:31 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 16:20, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> But your use case (as I understand it) requires that the iteration order
> is
> the same as the canonical order that your app defines.

No, that is the condition he is testing for.

i.e. (pseudo-code, and probably not the order in which these tests would
normally take place)

if the elements of object A are a subset those of list B:
    if object A has a meaningful order:
        if the order of object A's elements is the same as that of list
        B:
            return True
        else:
            return False