[Python-ideas] issubclass(collections.OrderedDict, collections.Sequence)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Oct 9 08:04:54 CEST 2014

Ed Kellett writes:

 > You're missing the point. The use case for this ABC (or whatever?
 > Shouldn't you be sure what a proposal is before shooting it down?)
 > is knowing whether to do that test at all.

No, I didn't miss that at all.  I just have a different point that I
think is far more important.  I think you, random, and Ram are wasting
a lot of your own time defending this idea in the terms you are using,
and I'm trying to explain why I believe that.  I'll happily stop,
right here, since I've been entirely unsuccessful so far.