[Python-ideas] Putting `blist` into collections module

Grant Jenks grant.jenks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 20:20:33 CEST 2014

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Andrew Barnert <abarnert at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The API is something nontrivial, but arguably with a single right answer
> (and half the implementations I've seen on PyPI get either SortedSet or
> SortedList wrong), so that makes perfect sense to belong in the stdlib, in
> collections.abc.

+1 It would give the dozen or so implementations an API under which to
unify and it would make performance comparisons easier for end-users if
they could just drop-in an alternative.

Also, I think when Andrew refers to SortedCollections, he means
SortedContainers. Unless that was a kind of placeholder name.

Grant