[Python-ideas] including psutil in the standard library?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Sep 24 22:44:45 CEST 2014

On 24.09.2014 22:38, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 22:30:41 +0200
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:

>>> Why platform?  That seems out of place.
>>
>> Agreed. The typical approach is to put a renamed version into
>> the stdlib, so that there's a possibility to continue using the
>> package from PyPI.
>>
>>> If it were to be adopted into the stdlib, I think a top-level module name
>>> would be fine.  psutil is great, but has anybody asked upstream if they even
>>> want to be part of the stdlib?
>>
>> That'll have to happen first, indeed. The next question to answer
>> is: Who will maintain the code in the stdlib ?
>
> "Upstream" is Giampaolo Rodola, who is a core developer.

Cool. That makes the second question a lot easier to answer ;-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 24 2014)
2014-09-27: PyDDF Sprint 2014 ...                           3 days to go
2014-09-30: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                  6 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/