[Python-ideas] including psutil in the standard library?

Giampaolo Rodola' g.rodola at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:15:09 CEST 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:18 PM, Stefano Borini <
stefano.borini at ferrara.linux.it> wrote:

> On 9/24/14 10:38 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>
>> "Upstream" is Giampaolo Rodola, who is a core developer.
>>

> I already sent him an email about this. I am waiting for his answer.
> I would enjoy handling the library as a maintainer in the stdlib, but I
> have never done anything at this level, so I am not sure I am worthy/able
> to do it ;)

Hello all and thanks for the positive feedback. It's good to know psutil is
so appreciated and it's the best payback for all the hard work.
Personally I would be glad to offer psutil for inclusion into the stdlib
but at the moment I'm crazily busy with the relocation (I moved to Berlin
from Italy) and I wouldn't really have time to dedicate to such an
expensive task (which would probably also deserve a PEP) and careful
thinking. Also, I still want to work on a couple of new features first (NIC
addresses and stats), address a couple of high-priority issues such as:
https://github.com/giampaolo/psutil/issues/512
https://github.com/giampaolo/psutil/issues/496
https://github.com/giampaolo/psutil/issues/428
...and be 100% sure that I'm happy with the API as it is right now (I
already went through a major breakage once, see
http://grodola.blogspot.com/2014/01/psutil-20-porting.html). In summary,
I'd love to do this but not right now as I'm not quite ready yet.

--
Giampaolo - http://grodola.blogspot.com