[Python-ideas] Do we need non-heap types any more? (Was: Implicit submodule imports)

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Sep 28 22:08:15 CEST 2014

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:13:06 +0000 (UTC)
Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If the conditionals fail, these checks have exactly zero impact on the
> run-time with a processor that supports branch prediction.

Branch prediction is typically implemented using branch predictors,
which is a form of cache updated with the results of previous branches.
"Impunity" can therefore only be achieved with an infinite number of
branch predictors :-)

Regards

Antoine.