[Python-ideas] Implicit submodule imports

Andrew Barnert abarnert at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 16:25:18 CEST 2014

On Sep 29, 2014, at 7:15, Alexander Belopolsky <alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Andrew Barnert <abarnert at yahoo.com.dmarc.invalid> wrote:
>> Could LazyModule be easily added to the stdlib, or split out into a separate PyPI package?
>
> How is it different from apipkg?
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apipkg/1.2

No idea. Could apipkg be easily added to the stdlib? Is it actively maintained? ("virtually all Python versions, including CPython2.3 to Python3.1" sounds a bit worrisome...). Does it provide all the same functionality as Mark-Andre's package? If the answers are all "yes" then you can take my message as support for adding either one.