[Python-ideas] Draft2 PEP on string interpolation

Mike Miller python-ideas at mgmiller.net
Thu Aug 27 20:15:32 CEST 2015

On 08/27/2015 10:27 AM, Eric V. Smith wrote:
> The problem with this auto-rendering is that the format_spec and

Hmm, I believe this is a design choice, one that should be made depending on
whether this use-case is important and/or common.  The estr provides for this
situation instead by allowing for additional renderings if/when needed, but
doesn't require str() in the common case.

This is the first I've seen of directives passed inside the format spec, I'll
add it to the comparison table.

-Mike