[Python-ideas] PEP 485: A Function for testing approximate equality

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Sat Feb 14 17:10:35 CET 2015

On Feb 14, 2015, at 5:26 AM, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
wrote:

Do you propose a builtin function? I would prefer to put it in the math
module.

Yes, the math module is the proposed place for it.

may add a new method to unittest.TestCase? It would show all parameters on
error. .assertTrue(isclose(...)) doesn't help on error.

Good point -- I'm not much OS a unittest user -- if someone wants to a
unittest method, I think that would be fine.

I did originally have that in the PEP, but it got distracting, so Guido
suggested it be removed.

-Chris