[Python-ideas] Comparable exceptions

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 21:15:26 CET 2015

Hi,

On 2015-02-25 08:03, Ionel Cristian Mrie wrote:
> Yes, it does, however my assertion looks similar to this:
>
>     assert result == [1,2, (3, 4, {"bubu": OSError('foobar')})]

How about reifying the error? I.e., instead of storing the OSError
object, you wrap up the error info ('foobar') in a custom Result
(e.g.) object that you implement your own comparison for? Then, instead
of allowing your function to raise and exception, you catch the
exception and wrap its data in a Result object?

Regards,

Yawar