[Python-ideas] Adding `pathlib.Path` method that would send file to recycle bin

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Fri Jan 2 14:24:26 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014, at 18:12, Andrew Barnert wrote:
> By "suitable" I mean "suitable for widespread-enough use that it should
> be in the stdlib". As I said earlier in the thread, I think it's
> perfectly reasonable to have a third-party library that uses a deprecated
> API, requires 10.8, requires a runloop, directly or indirectly asks the
> Finder to do the work for you, or doesn't quite meet Apple's HIG rules,
> because all of those could be acceptable in _many_ applications; I just
> don't think any of those should be in the stdlib, because none of those
> are acceptable in _most_ applications.

Not having one isn't acceptable either. Because what _not_ having a
cross-platform wrapper gets you is windows and mac left behind by
applications with badly-written direct implementations of the way you do
it on Unix.

Can you define "doesn't quite meet Apple's HIG" rules and link the
relevant section of the HIG?