[Python-ideas] Adding `pathlib.Path` method that would send file to recycle bin

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Jan 5 02:41:24 CET 2015

On 01/04/2015 05:13 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Although the quality of contributions is variable, the PHP community has
> made a very interesting decision to integrate community-supplied
> information with official docs:
>
> http://php.net/manual/en/function.dechex.php
>
> I wonder how we might do something similar?

I hope that we do not.  A separate wiki is fine, but the official docs should just have the official stuff in them.

If the docs were a wiki, we'd have scads of entries on "how to program <language-x> in Python", and IMNSHO the official
docs should just be about programming Python in Python.

--
~Ethan~