[Python-ideas] Encouraging more use of the Python wiki (was: Adding `pathlib.Path` method that would send file to recycle bin)

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:49:07 CET 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 7:22 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> In recent years (I noticed this since about 2013), the Python wiki does
> not offer an “Edit” function when I am logged in; every page presents
> “Immutable Page” instead.

Ben (and others),

I just noticed this small paragraph on the FrontPage:

If you want to edit a page and have just signed up, or you find that
you can no longer edit a page that you could edit before, please write
to the pydotorg-www mailing list, stating your account name and your
intended edits and we'll add you to the EditorsGroup.

I suspect that has something to do with your inability to edit.
Somewhere along the way, someone must have made the executive decision
that open editing no longer worked (too much spam?) and that editing
needed to be a by-invitation or by-request sort of thing.

I'd add you, but am getting nothing but Gateway Timeout responses at the moment.

Skip