[Python-ideas] Encouraging more use of the Python wiki

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 5 17:05:27 CET 2015

On 05.01.2015 16:42, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 9:27 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>>> I'd add you, but am getting nothing but Gateway Timeout responses at the moment.
>>
>> If you get those, simply try to resend/reload. The wiki will notice
>> duplicate editing requests. In my experience, the editing requests
>> typically make it through to the wiki the first time and you get
>> a duplicate editing warning on the second one.
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't even get to the EditorsGroup page to edit
> it. Now, about an hour later, I finally succeeded.

Hmm, looks like the VM is overloaded again :-(

> Ben, send me your wiki login and I'll add you.
>
> MAL, I thought the spam problem had mostly been solved by Martin's
> modification several years ago to require a certain time to pass
> between a new login being created and their first attempt to edit.

I'm not aware of such a modification in the installation. In any
case, the problem was real and the editors group solved it for
good now :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 05 2015)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/