[Python-ideas] build:// Path / URI / URN with the __div__ operator

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Wed Jan 7 16:53:39 CET 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> That was way too terse. What are you proposing?

His proposal seems like a  __div__ method an (no existing yet) URI Object.
But __div__ method for an existing Path Object.

I get the idea, but I am having a hard time understanding the use cases
which may not be confusing for common cases.

Question: Does __div__ makes sense for strings? Why does it? I dont think
so, but this question I pose has marginal relationship to the proposal.

thanks,
Senthil