[Python-ideas] Better comand line version of python -c

Russell Stewart Russell.S.Stewart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:11:42 CET 2015

I am the original dev for pypi.python.org/pypi/pythonpy, which offers much
of the same functionality as python -c, but in a more convenient form. I'd
be really interested in figuring out whether the core python tools could
support many of the use cases that pythonpy covers, so that users wouldn't
have to install it as a separate tool. I don't have a concrete idea of what
it would look like, but many of my users have said they would much prefer
an officially supported tool. Perhaps someone on this mailing list can
provide some insight into the available options.

Best,
Russell