[Python-ideas] Float range class

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri Jan 9 04:33:02 CET 2015

On 9 Jan 2015 03:02, "Neil Girdhar" <mistersheik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with everyone above.  At first I was +1 on this proposal, but why
not suggest to the numpy people that arange and linespace should return
Sequence objects rather than numpy arrays?  I'm pretty sure there's a way
to make sure objects work in numpy.

It'd be technically possible for numpy.arange to return a special object
that was coerceable on demand to a real array, but it'd break tons of code
and isn't going to happen. (There's a reason it took py3k to get rid of
xrange. There are no plans for numpy3k at this time.)

-n