[Python-ideas] Need help converting HTML doc to ReST

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jan 9 19:35:20 CET 2015

Thank you so much!! It is already live on legacy.python.org/dev/peps/ (www
seems to lag behind or require a manual kick).

In PEP 1 there are only two options for PEP copyrights: public domain or
open publication license. For this particular document I'd rather not do
public domain (I've already received a request for republication) so I'll
convert it to Open Publication License.

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 4:46 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>
> wrote:
> > Chris, would you be so kind? I tried to work from Donald's gist, but
> there
> > are some funny characters in it.
> >
> > I'd also like to use the Open Publication License (see PEP 1) rather than
> > placing it in the public domain.
> >
> > You can go straight to the peps repo, I can fix things up later once I
> have
> > time to review it.
> >
> > Thank you so much!!
>
> Text imported. It builds cleanly, and it looks roughly like the
> original page, but I suspect there's some places where other forms of
> formatting will be better suited (eg nested lists are used to indent
> code blocks). I've left the license as it is (Creative Commons) for
> the moment; does "like to use" mean that you would if you could, or
> you are hereby relicensing it?
>
> Quotes, dashes, etc have all been ASCIIfied.
>
> ChrisA

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)