[Python-ideas] What's going on with PEP 448 - Additional Unpacking Generalizations ?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:20:01 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Neil Girdhar <mistersheik at gmail.com> wrote:
> It says "standards track", but it doesn't seem to work in Python 3.4.  I am
> really looking forward to this!  Any chance we can get a from __future__ for
> inclusion in 3.4?  Or maybe it can make it into 3.5?

It also says "Status: Draft", which means it hasn't (yet) been
accepted as part of the language. That means it's definitely not going
to get into 3.4; it might be able to get into 3.5 if it gets approved
very shortly, but the time frame is narrowing. Last chance to get it
into 3.5 would be Beta 1, scheduled for May 24th (see PEP 478), and
ideally it should get into an alpha before that.

Would be nice to actually have it land somewhere. Seems it's been
proposed for every Python version since 3.0.

ChrisA