[Python-ideas] PEP 484 (Type Hints) -- first draft round

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 15:16:05 CET 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 12:37 AM, Cem Karan <cfkaran2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There may be other uses of annotations that programmers haven't yet thought of, simply because they don't know that annotations exist.  Locking out those uses would suck.

I see a lot of vague "but what if there's something else", and not a
lot of concrete "here's a use of annotations that would be locked
out". Does anyone actually have another use case that would be
seriously harmed by this kind of conflict? Remember, you can simply
not use type hints for the function(s) that use other annotations; the
conflict is only if you're trying to use both on the same function.

ChrisA