[Python-ideas] PEP 484 (Type Hints) -- first draft round

Martin Teichmann lkb.teichmann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:26:30 CET 2015

Hi everybody,

I'm writing something like remote procedure calls, so type hinting would
be very interesting to me - I could send out the function parameter types
to the remote side, which could already check the type of the parameters
before even sending out a request.

I would however be interested in even more detailed information. Like
the range in which a number should lie - so giving a maximum and a minimum
value for an int. Would it be possible with a PEP 484 system to add information
like that? For example by inheriting from int?

Greetings

Martin Teichmann