[Python-ideas] Should bool continue to inherit from int?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 02:22:55 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Rob Cliffe <rob.cliffe at btinternet.com> wrote:
> # but this can be coded much more succinctly if at first sight less
> transparently (and sorry, Chris, without redundant parentheses :-) ) as:

The extra parens were just because I was listing a bunch of languages,
and the exact same statement would work in all of them (although
Python would expect a colon at the end, and REXX would be looking for
a 'THEN' on that or the next line). :) I wouldn't normally put the
extra parens in a Python program.

ChrisA