[Python-ideas] PEP 485: A Function for testing approximate equality

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Jan 23 09:06:49 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 04:40:14PM -0800, Chris Barker wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After much discussion on this list, I have written up a PEP, and it is
> ready for review (see below)

I do not agree that it is ready for review.

I think you have rushed to decide that this needs a PEP, rushed the
preparation of the PEP, and now you have rushed the request for review.
What's the hurry?

As it stands with the decisions you have made, I cannot support this PEP
even though I support the basic idea.

--
Steve