[Python-ideas] PEP 485: A Function for testing approximate equality

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 23 18:28:14 CET 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 1:15 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>
wrote:

>  Since they are private, I will say no more about them except
> to say that Chris has proceeded as if there is consensus when there
> actually is not.

no need for mystery here -- I asked off-list for feedback from Steven and a
couple others, then posted the PEP without having given them much time to
respond.

However, I posted the PEP because I wanted review, and we had had enough
circular conversations that I thought is was time for a concrete proposal
to bash on. I by no means intended to convey the impression that there was
consensus reached among anyone in particular.

The goal of posting the PEP was to determine if that was so, and if not, to
change it to a point where that could happen.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov