[Python-ideas] Pass a function as the argument "step" of range()

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jul 3 01:33:49 CEST 2015

Pierre Quentel <pierre.quentel at gmail.com>
writes:

> I am not saying that you can't find other ways to get the same result,
> just that using a function (usually a lambda) is easier to code and to
> understand.

That's not something I can accept in the abstract. Can you please find
and present some existing real-world Python code that you are confident
would be improved by the changes you're proposing?

So far, the only example you have presented is both contrived (no harm
in that, but also not compelling) and does not demonstrate your point.

--
 \        “You can't have everything; where would you put it?” —Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |