[Python-ideas] OrderedDict.peekitem()

Kale Kundert kale at thekunderts.net
Tue Jul 7 08:56:42 CEST 2015

I didn't even mean for this thread to be about arbitrarily indexing into an
OrderedDict.  I meant for it to be about accessing the first and last items in
an OrderedDict.  Given that a method already exists to access and remove these
items, I find it hard to understand why there isn't a method to simply access
them.  This should be a constant-time operation if OrderedDict employs a
doubly-linked list under the hood.

-Kale