[Python-ideas] Concurrency Modules

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 04:09:10 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Sven R. Kunze <srkunze at mail.de> wrote:
> After discussing the whole topic and reading it up further, it became clear
> to me what's actually missing in Python. That is a definitive guide of
> why/when a certain concurrency module is supposed to be used

I'm not sure how easy the decisions will be in all cases, but
certainly some broad guidelines would be awesome. (The exact analysis
of "when should I use threads and when should I use processes" is a
big enough one that there've been a few million blog posts on the
subject, and I doubt that asyncio will shrink that.) A basic summary
would be hugely helpful. "Here's four similar modules, and why they
all exist in the standard library."

ChrisA