[Python-ideas] [Python Ideas] Python Float Update

u8y7541 The Awesome Person surya.subbarao1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:19:01 CEST 2015

>(it takes twice as much memory because you have to store all those zeroes, where in Decimal they're implied by the exponent), and you've lost the benefit of a well-designed standard to follow (how many digits should you keep? what rounding rule should you use? should there be some way to optionally signal the user that rounding has occurred? and so on...).

You are right about memory...
LOL, I just thought about having something like representing it as a
float / float for numerator / denominator! But that would be slower...

There's got to be a workaround for those zeros. Especially if I'm
dealing with stuff like 57 / 10^100 (57 is prime!).

--
-Surya Subbarao