[Python-ideas] Meta: Email netiquette

Zero Piraeus schesis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 19:30:42 CEST 2015

:

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 02:10:02PM +1000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> For what it's worth, I think inline posters also need to follow good
> practice too: if the reader cannot see new content (i.e. what you wrote)
> within the first screen full of text, you're probably quoting too much.

While I agree in principle, others' failure to trim is a handy
time-saving measure for me: if there's nothing but quoted text on the
first screenful, I take it as a signal that a similar lack of thought
went into the original content, and skip to the next message.

If there *was* something worth reading after all, there's at least a
chance someone who actually knows how to write email replied to it, so
I'll see it anyway.

 -[]z.

--
Zero Piraeus: respice finem