[Python-ideas] Displaying DeprecationWarnings in the interactive interpreter, second try

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu May 28 08:22:43 CEST 2015

On 5/27/2015 8:29 PM, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

>    https://bugs.python.org/issue24294

I had already planned to add this to Idle, at least as an option. I had
not seen the issue yet.  I am pretty ignorant about the warnings system
so I posted some questions there.  I was thinking to make this an
option, but I do not know how to convey options set in the Idle process
to the user execution process, as the rpc protocol seems undocumented.
I might just turn DeprecationWarnings on the way they used to be and
will be in the console interpreter, but I am slightly worried about
warnings being intermixed with user output.  This is not a problem with
tracebacks as they end user output.

--
Terry Jan Reedy