[Python-ideas] Rosetta Code on Python.org site?

Paddy3118 paddy3118 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:31:42 CEST 2015

Just saw what the Perl 6 site does  to punt the curious to their entries on
the Rosetta Code site here: http://perl6.org/community/rosettacode and I
thought maybe we could do something similar on Python.org?

I know that the core development team of Perl 6 have put a lot of effort
into their RC entries, and over the years I have seen evidence of tasks
being used to highlight areas for subsequent improvement in Perl 6.

I don't *recognise *such a contribution from core development Pythoneers on
RC but members of the Python community have made great efforts in making
Python solutions available for most tasks on RC in a mixture of Python 2
and 3 and also showing greater use of our interactive command line
interface/REPL for solutions which other languages may have, but rarely
show unless the task asks specifically for an answer using a REPL.

*In short:* Python on RC <http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:Python> has
good code examples - why not advertise that fact on Python.org in a similar
way to the Perl 6 site?

*Disclosure: *I should add that I am an administrator, task writer and one
of the Python code contributors to the Rosetta Code site.