[Python-ideas] Non-English names in the turtle module.

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Sep 4 14:18:37 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 01:34:16PM +0200, Ludovic Gasc wrote:
> I'm agree with Matthias: IT world is mostly English based.

Fortunately for the 95% of the world who speak English as a second
language, or not at all, that is changing. For example, StackOverflow
has a very successful Brazilian site, and they make the case for
non-English speakers well:

https://blog.stackexchange.com/2014/02/cant-we-all-be-reasonable-and-speak-english/

Rather than just repeat what they say there, I will just ask everyone to
read it.

--
Steve