[Python-ideas] Non-English names in the turtle module.

Stéphane Wirtel stephane at wirtel.be
Fri Sep 4 22:02:46 CEST 2015

I do agree with the comments of Ludovic about the source code, Python is
in English, the code for an open source project is international, and in
this case, I prefer English.

In the past, I have seen some databases in french, with the accents é,
è, ç in the columns of the database, that’s really ugly :/ because
if you forgot the encoding in the database, you will have a problem.

Yesterday, I have read a source code in Dutch, sorry but if you don’t
know this language, good luck if you want to change the code.

And an other example, the comments in the code of the EuroPython site is
in Italian, ok, the project has been developed for PyCon Italia, but
now, we are a lot of international developers on this code, and
sincerely, I can speak Italian but not everybody.

Sincerely, English for the code and the database!

Stéphane Wirtel - http://wirtel.be - @matrixise